February 12, 2011
Doodle Bugs! Friday Five
“Children learn as they play.
Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn.”
— O. Fred Donaldson
Happy Friday! We understand that children learn best when they take an active role in the process, so a doodle day is best described as hands-on learning through hands-on fun! Enjoy!
- When Mother Nature was uncooperative and frigid temps kept us inside, we brought the great outdoors, indoors! (West Amherst)
- Paint + props = lots of surprises! Messy art experiences delight our littlest learners, whether they are confidently painting or observing a friend. (Henrietta)
- Families’ participation in special ‘assignments’ (like collecting 100 things to celebrate the 100th day of school) helps to strengthen the home/school connection. (Lancaster)
- Block play encourages creativity and confidence! (East Amherst)
- February is National Dental Health Month! This thematic unit included visits from local dentists, an original performance by our school age students, and plenty of hands-on learning experiences. (Orchard Park)
Have a great weekend! Be sure to visit our Facebook page this weekend to check out our Dental Health 2011 photo album!