January 14, 2011
Doodle Bugs! Friday Five
“Play is often talked about
as if it were a relief from serious learning.
But for children, play is serious learning.”
Happy Friday! We’re happy to share five fun photos that highlight how learning looked at Doodle Bugs! this week. Enjoy!
- The easel provides opportunities for painting, drawing, color mixing, and more! (Cheektowaga)
- Reading and being read to is the most effective way to promote early literacy. (Webster)
- Buggy rides include songs, stories and dramatic play (like this roller coaster ride, “Fun Wow!”) to boost language development. (West Amherst)
- Age-appropriate software is used to reinforce math, science and literacy concepts. (East Amherst)
- When children are free to create and explore, imaginations take the lead and hula hoops become snowmen! (Henrietta)
Have a great weekend!