April 6, 2016
Unit 6 Curriculum Resources
Unit 6, “The Great Outdoors”, invites children to explore the natural world around them! Thematic weeks within this unit include: Weather & Seasons, Gardens & Ponds, Tiny Crawlers, and Things with Wings. I Can… is the transition week that follows this unit. This resource is intended to provide you with additional information, guides, and options for facilitation in your classroom.
- Developmental Goals and Objectives – Unit 6- What are children learning and why are they learning it? This resource is intended to provide additional insight into the curriculum concept map– which can be found in your 2015-2016 Curriculum Implementation Manual.
- Infant & 1YO Yoga Guide – Unit 6 – Unit 6- This resource is intended to provide teachers of infants and 1 YO children with yoga games, activities, and poses to incorporate into their daily routine.
- Infant Sign Language – Unit 6 – Research shows that children who experience sign language are more likely to develop communication skills sooner. This resource has additional ASL tips and signs.
- Unit 6 Art and Craft Guide– Children of all ages enjoy art! This resource is filled with open art activities, as well as supplemental crafts.
- Unit 6 Yoga Guide– This yoga guide is intended to provide teachers of toddlers and Children who are 3+ with yoga games, activities, and poses to incorporate into their daily routine.
- HWT – Unit 6 – This “Handwriting Without Tears” guide introduces students to the letters X, Y, Z, as well as a cumulative review and assessment.
- PreK Math_Unit 6– Preschool children will build competence in number recognition, while building competence in measurable attributes, more/less, same/different, sorting, 2D shape recognition, and 3D shape recognition.
- PreK Math_Unit 6 – Unit 6- Pre-K children will build competence in previously developed math concepts, as well as develop an understanding of addition and subtraction.