March 18, 2020
Our Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
(updated March 26, 2020)
As we navigate through the challenges of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the well-being of our Doodle Community remains our number one priority. In locations where we’re open, we’re taking additional steps to keep classrooms as safe as possible for our families and teachers:
- Being ever-vigilant about our handwashing practices.
- Stringently enforcing our stay home when sick policy for employees, children and household members.
- Limiting authorized visitors who enter our classrooms.
- Diligently following our hygiene and cleaning procedures, including disinfecting and sanitizing classrooms and surfaces frequently.
Additionally, as a public health precaution, we’ve made some changes to our centers’ operations (updated March 26, 2020)
- NEW YORK CENTERS: The following location are temporarily closed (effective Monday, March 30, 2020) – East Amherst, Greece, Lancaster, Orchard Park, Penfield, West Amherst. If you are enrolled at one of these centers and need care prior to re-opening, please contact 866.668.5111 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BUFFALO AREA: Doodle Bugs! is continuing services during normal hours (6:30am-6:30pm) at our Cheektowaga and Clarence locations. If you need care, you may opt to attend either of these open centers.
- ROCHESTER AREA: Doodle Bugs! is continuing services during normal hours (6:30am-6:30pm) at our Henrietta and Webster locations. If you need care, you may opt to attend either of these open centers.
- CLOSURE OF PENNSYLVANIA CENTERS: In accordance with Governor Wolf’s announcement that certified child care centers operating outside of a residence must cease operations (effective March 16, 2020), we will remain temporarily closed until we have further guidance from the Governor for re-opening.
- FLORIDA CENTERS: Our Lakewood Ranch location is currently open with regular business hours.
- ALL LOCATIONS: In an effort to reduce the number of people in our facilities, center tours at all locations have been temporarily suspended.
- CENTER OPERATIONS UPDATES: Additional closures, changes to our business hours and re-openings will be communicated on this page and through our parent communication portal, Tadpoles.
These are unprecedented times and we are working diligently to continue to make decisions that are in the best interest of our children, parents, staff, company, and community. If you have additional questions or concerns, our team members are available by phone or chat.